The Newport Heights Foundation is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that was formed to raise funds in order to enhance the educational environment for all students at Newport Heights. The Foundation is comprised of an all-volunteer group of parents, faculty, and staff to help our students Achieve Great Heights!
what do we do?
The Foundation funds 9 invaluable education members of staff:
• 4 Instructional Assistants – who work directly with students in the classroom in small group instruction
• 2 Certificated Reading Teachers - who successfully run the Reading Response toIntervention Program,
• 1 Certificated Math Teacher - who will provide support to our higher level math thinkers and assist with the Math Intervention Program
• 1 Library Assistant – whose support enables our library to be open the entire school day.
• 1 Full Time Shark Tank Teacher - Which provides opportunities to learn coding, robotics, and video production for every student!
The Foundation also supports:
Teacher Grants for classroom needs
how do we do it?
Foundation Funding Sources
All of this is only made possible by the generous donations of parents, extended families of students, school alumni, and corporate sponsors to meet our goal of raising $250,000 every year.
Our Main Funding Sources:
Fall Donation Drive and Matching (45%)
Party for a Purpose (8%)
Restaurant Nights (2%)
Corporate Matching (2%)
The results of these efforts are amazing!
For the first time ever Newport Heights was recognized as a California Honor Roll School for 2018-2019 by ERP!
We improved our state test scores in the area of English-Language Arts by 20% from 2015-2018! These improvements were made by students across all ability levels!