Newport Heights Elementary Foundation is excited to announce 2019's gala theme, "Havana Heights" at Back Bay Bistro on March 23rd, 2019.
The gala is our largest fundraiser of the year. Proceeds from the gala fund important programs such as the Shark Tank and orchestra, but most importantly, salaries for our additional staff assistants that are crucial to giving our students individualized attention with the new curriculums. We hope to raise enough to keep all of our existing instructional assistants AND fund the amazing programs for our kids! Please join us to celebrate the special community we have at Newport Heights Elementary.
Click HERE to download the Havana Heights Auction Catalog - Find everything you need to know about check in, evening programming and entertainment, bidding, dress attire, and more.
So get ready to bid, play, and dance the night away!
With our "Havana" club-like atmosphere, seating at the Back Bay Bistro is limited. Guarantee a place to sit with your group by reserving a VIP dinner table. There are only eight reservable tables, so act fast as we expect they will sell out! Enjoy the night in style while raising much needed funds for the salary of our instructional assistants!
Los Padrinos + VIP Table, $3,000
El Exclusivo + VIP Table, $5,000
10 Gala Tickets with *Reserved VIP dinner table seating for 10 - Signature gift at table - 10 Raffle tickets - Logo on red carpet backdrop/photo-op at entrance - Verbal recognition before live auction - Visual recognition at event - Full page ad in event program - Recognition on all marketing materials with hyperlink to your website on gala event site - Recognition on the BiddingForGood auction site
10 Gala Tickets with *Reserved VIP dinner table seating for 10 - Signature gift at table - 5 raffle tickets - Visual recognition at the event - 1/2 page ad in the event program - Recognition on all marketing materials with hyperlink to your website on gala event site - Recognition on the BiddingForGood auction site.
El Jefe, $1,000
4 Gala Tickets - 4 Raffle tickets - Visual recognition at the event - 1/4 Page ad in the event program - Recognition on the BiddingForGood auction site.
Patron De Cigaro, $500
2 Gala Tickets - 2 Raffle tickets - Business card sized ad in the event program - Recognition on the BiddingForGood auction site.
Patron De Mesa - Gala Ticket, $100
1 Gala Ticket - Entrance to the Gala with hosted bar, cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres, 3 dining stations, live entertainment, band/DJ and dancing!
*Only VIP table ticket holders will have guaranteed seating.
**Hosted bar is well drinks for a limited time.
Click here or above on "Buy Tickets" to reserve your VIP Table
Click here to download the VIP/Sponsorship PDF flyer
Community and business leaders like you are helping our kids “Achieve Great Heights!” Showcase your tax deductible product or service in our auction and reach out to over 600 local families and over 300,000 users on our online auction system, BiddingForGood. We are currently gratefully accepting donations for services, products, and unique experiences online.
Visit https://www.biddingforgood.com/nhefoundationgala and click on "Donate Items" to donate now! For more information, questions, or a traditional donor form, please contact Michelle Beckman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 805-432-4613.
If you would like to become a member of our "Street Team" to help visit local businesses and drop off donation request letters and pick up items, please email email@example.com.
Click HERE to download the Gala Donation Form PDF
Click HERE to download the Gala Underwriting Form PDF
Why should I go to the gala?
- The gala pays the salaries of our instructional assistants keeps our orchestra and robotics and other programs going! This year, we hope to raise enough to keep all of our certificated teachers, instructional assistants, full-time Shark Tank teacher! Having our to certificated teachers on campus increase our reading and writing scores tremendously and the Shark Tank extends learning beyond the standard classroom curriculum.
- Bid on your favorite restaurants, summer camps, family activities, and unique experiences.
- Dance all night to the Latin sounds of Susie Hansen Band!
What's the theme? What should I wear?
Cuban fashion is all about being confident and rocking bold colors that make you stand out and command attention. Think fun and tropical.... off-shoulder necklines, swirly skirts, ruffles, tiered layers, Cuban shirts, vibrant prints, guayabera shirts, Tan / linen suits, colorful jackets, Bermuda shorts , linen pants, flouncy, ruffled dresses with sassy skirts in either floral prints or bold colors. Perfect for mambo and salsa dancing!
Panama hats, fedoras, straw hats, Floral hair accessories, hair wraps, and fruit adorned hats. Chunky colorful bead necklaces made of wood or faux gemstones, retro-look hoop earrings, dangling tassel earrings, plus layers and layers of bangles and bracelets would complete the Havana Nights ensemble
Where is the gala going to be held this year?
We are excited to be hosting the gala at the beautiful Back Bay Bistro,
Back Bay Bistro
1131 Back Bay Dr
Newport Beach, CA 92660
The event is sure to be a fun filled night with parents dressing up for a night when Havana comes to the Heights! Get ready to dance, bid, and mingle at Back Bay Bistro, a beautiful waterfront venue bringing Havana to life. Guests can enjoy hand rolled cigars, handcrafted cocktails, an extensive selection of bottled craft microbrews, and delicious Cuban cuisine all night.
Check out the space by visiting https://www.newportdunes.com/back-bay-bistro/
How much are gala tickets?
Tickets to the gala are $100 each*. Admission includes tray passed heavy appetizers and small plates and hosted well bar for a limited time, so get there early! VIP tables can be purchased and include admission, raffle tickets, and a special gift. Please see the above section for descriptions and pricing for the VIP tables. Seating is limited and it is highly recommended you purchase a VIP table if you want to guarantee seating throughout the night.
Seating is LIMITED. Buy your tickets today by clicking here or clicking the "Buy Tickets" button at the top of this page.
*Ticket price is $125 the day of the event.
How do I reserve a table for all of my friends to sit together?
Click on "Buy Tickets" to be directed to the BiddingForGood ticketing page. Choose your VIP table. You will receive a special gift as well as 2 bottles of wine to enjoy during live auction when the bar is closed. Seating is limited and not guaranteed so reserve your VIP table today!
I've never been to a gala...what's it like?
If you've never attended the gala before - THIS IS THE YEAR TO DO IT!! This is going to be the party of the year! You won't want to miss out. If you are new to the school, this is a great opportunity to connect and mingle with other parents and teachers. Don't know anyone? Invite your neighbors or your best friends. All are welcome in the community.
At check-in, you will be greeted with a red carpet "step and repeat" to have your picture taken If you have pre-registered online, you will be able to go straight to silent auction to see all of the wonderful baskets and items to bid on. Bid right from your mobile phone and set alerts so you know whenever you've been out-bid! Then - grab yourself a mojito and mingle! Cocktail hour begins at 5:00 pm on the wrap around patio with tray passed appetizers and cocktails. At 6:00pm the taco bar and seating insude will begin. Beginning at 7:00pm, there will be a special live performance, a few short speeches and then the exciting Live Auction will begin. As soon as the Live Auction is over around 8:00pm, the slider station with open and we dance the night away! At 9:00pm delicious desserts will be available. The Silent Auction will close at 9:30pm.
What is the teacher ticket fund?
To show our appreciation, every year at the gala we invite our Teachers and Staff to join us with complimentary tickets for the evening. To help cover costs we offer the opportunity for families to donate to the Teacher Ticket Fund in $10 increments. You can do this as you purchase your tickets by choosing a quantity next to Teacher Ticket Fund. For example, if you would like to donate $10, choose quantity of 1. If you would like to donate $100, choose quantity of 10. You do not need to specify a Teacher/Staff member as all will be provided complimentary tickets. This has been very helpful and successful in previous years.
I can't go to the gala. Can I still bid and participate?
- Check out http://www.biddingforgood.com/nhefoundationgala on March 16th to preview our ONLINE AUCTION. The auction will be open for bidding on March 23rd and close at the gala! If you aren't going, you can bid from the comfort of your home at your computer, or on your mobile device!
- Enter our raffle! Raffle tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. More details on the raffle coming soon.
How do I start bidding on the online auction?
Beginning March 17th, the online auction will open so that you can begin bidding. Here's how to register so that you can browse items and bid:
- While using your mobile device, go to https://bforg.com/nhefoundationgala OR if on a desktop you can visit https://biddingforgood.com/nhefoundationgala
- Tap "Register" to enter your information OR If you are already registered, click "Login."
- To view items, enter the item name or number, and tap "Search for Items." OR Tap "Browse Items" to browse by category.
- You will get an on-screen alert when you’ve been outbid. Tap “Messages” for updates on bidding activity.
How do I turn on Text Bid Alerts so I always know if I've been outbid?
In addition to your email bid alerts, you can also receive bid alerts via text message.
To turn on text bidding:
1. Log in on biddingforgood.com
2. Click on My Account
3. Click on Mobile (SMS). In this section, check off "Send a Text Message whenever I get Outbid"
4. Enter your mobile number and what hours you would like to receive the text message alerts
5. Click Save
You can come back to turn off/edit this setting.
What do I need to bring to the gala?
- Bring your smart phone to bid at the gala! There will be no bid sheets at the gala, but you will get to see the items up close on display. Make sure your phone is charged, you have registered to bid, and have your credit card on file. Turning on text notifications is highly recommended.
- There are no physical tickets to get in. If you purchased a ticket, your name will be on the list! Tickets purchased after March 22nd are $125. You will pick up your bidder sign, any VIP passes, and raffle tickets at check-in.